Friday, November 6, 2009

How do i replace a lost car title if it was bought by my recently deceased grandma?

k i am trying to track down all the paperwork there is for this car but it was bought for me a few years ago, and i was told it was put in my name at one point but all i have is 3 older registration/ownership receipts with her name (we share the same last name if that matters in anything).





the car has not been used in a while and does not have current registration and my grandma passed recently but i don't think any titles are coming from her stuff so I don't know what happened to it : /





is there a place to get the proper ownership papers again?


or are there other ways to prove that the car is mine to sell it or something?
How do i replace a lost car title if it was bought by my recently deceased grandma?
Your (DMV) will help you with this........





1. I know that you will have to swear out and sign paperwork at the (DMV) that states that this vehicle has not been driven.





2. A bill of sale would be very helpful.





3. You may be asked to bring a death certificate.





4. An affidavit from your grandmas executor for her will would be helpful.


No comments:

Post a Comment