Sunday, March 14, 2010

How much gas in left in the pump hose?

When you fill up at the gas station how much gas in left in the gas pump hose? My motorcycle requires premium fuel but how much of the gas in the pump hose is actually regular before the premium starts to come out?
How much gas in left in the pump hose?
half a cup or less
How much gas in left in the pump hose?
Many stations in my area have separate hoses for premium gas ( although you can still pump premium from the single hose that also pumps regular, mid-grade and premium octane as well ). I make sure I fill up at one of those stations with a separate pump for just premium for that very reason you mentioned.
Reply:I don't know how much is left in the hose under normal circumstances but I do know that I make sure to get as much out as I can.





When most people fill their car or truck, the hose comes down from the pump then back up again to the handle.





I found that once the pump cuts off, I can get at least another cup-full of gas by lifting the hose so that the amount normally left sitting there flows out into my tank.





It's not much but at today's prices it's got to be worth a few cents and, over the period of a year or so, it's probably a few bucks worth.





Yeah, I'm a miser.

azalea tree

No comments:

Post a Comment