Sunday, March 14, 2010

If is true when i put my a/c in my car I burn more fuel with my a/c and save more without the that is true?

Yes, that's true. But to ask any car question


you want and get a correct answer, go to:





http://www.cartalk.com
If is true when i put my a/c in my car I burn more fuel with my a/c and save more without the that is true?
a/c uses compressor to work, which sips gas. according to a research done, 55mph is the cut-off point, whereby if u drive more than that with ur a/c off and windows down, u burn more fuel, due to wind resistence. driving below 55mph, it is better to wind down ur windows and switch off ur a/c.
If is true when i put my a/c in my car I burn more fuel with my a/c and save more without the that is true?
Yes. ANY additional load on an engine will cause it to burn more fuel.


the engine has to drive a pump to work the A/C so when you switch it in will immediately apply a load on the engine in order to affect the pump to work.


An average! for motor vehicles is to be aware that at any speed over 60mph it will us more fuel to simply push through the air than it will to propel the vehicle along at that speed.


the vehicle will be affected in many ways by air resistance.


a wing mirror has a known bad effect on fuel usage as do roof racks etc.


overall if you drive with a light throttle setting and gentle acceleration with windows shut and no additional features on the car (roof racks etc) then you will achieve maximum mpg.


you can also apply advanced driving common sense too such as anticipating traffic slowing or light changes ahead and coming off or reducing throttle to save losing speed rather than heavy braking. a good fuel saving habit and also bonus is =safer driving.


No comments:

Post a Comment