Wednesday, October 21, 2009

What would be the best gas saveing motor i can put in my 64 c10 that still has power to push my truck?

please help i love my truck and dont want to have to sell her just cus i can afford to put gas in her. i just gradguated from wyotech and looking for a job but with little money and a gas hogging truck i cant do much and i would really love to drive her than c her just setting in the garage well thanks alot !!!!!!!!!!
What would be the best gas saveing motor i can put in my 64 c10 that still has power to push my truck?
Another motor will not solve your problem. The cost of getting another motor fitted would take years to recoup, plus the gas saving would be minimal as a smaller motor would have to work harder to push your truck around.


Here in Australia we haven't paid $4 a gallon for years. We're now paying $7 a gallon and in Europe they pay over $10, so consider yourself lucky.


Get a smaller truck is a better option.
What would be the best gas saveing motor i can put in my 64 c10 that still has power to push my truck?
a vortec v-6 will fit anywhere a small block v-8 will , and will give you great economy with plenty of power. earlier ones are carbureted, and are an easy swap.
Reply:Cheapest thing to do would just put a 2BBL carb on it. A whole nother engine may require a new tranny, wire harness, etc. When you get down to it, you won't save very much money. Hell with what labor and the engine/etc would cost you could by an early 90's Honda or some ugly econo car to get around since you don't want to get rid of the truck.





I'm driving daily a 1979 Trans Am with the Pontiac 400, and I am averaging about 8 MPG. I don't live that far from my job so that's a big helper. On weekends she just sits in the driveway.


No comments:

Post a Comment